Call: 855.88CCSEM (22736) |
Department: Marketing & Parish Engagement
Location: Clinton Township, MI
Position Type: Full-Time Temp. for One-Year
Rate of Pay: Negotiable
Days/Hours Worked: Traditional Monday - Friday [some weekends and evenings if needed]
Experience Requirements: The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic person who genuinely loves people and has the ability engage our clients with an empathetic heart. Impeccable organizational skills are critical. We are seeking a self starter with exceptional confidence. God is calling for a leader and team player who appreciates a job environment combining the best of a professional work experience with the joy of ministry.
Special Requirements: Those applying must be steadfast, diligent, non judgmental, compassionate, loving and resourceful.
Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan is seeking a joyful missionary disciple with a heart for pro-life ministry, strong people, and strong organizational skills, to work in assigned areas to increase both the pro-life identity and culture within Catholic Charities and in its role in the broader community it serves. To assist Catholic Charities is partnering with the Archdiocese of Detroit in the Walking With Moms in Need USCCB Initiative.
This is a new position that is currently being evaluated and considered as a permanent full-time position within the agency. The right individual has the potential to grow and flourish in this role and will be considered for a permanent position after one-year.
The candidate for this position will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications at Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan.
Some of the Goals and Responsibilities Include:
1. Identify Pro-life resources within the Archdiocese of Detroit that aligns with the Catholic Doctrine recognizing and protecting the inherent dignity of every life from conception to natural death. This may include Pregnancy Help Centers, Medical Providers, Counselors, Social Services, parish programs engaged in supporting various life issues, and/or local needs. (Such as with pregnancy help, infant loss, special needs, disability, elderly, end of life, etc).
2. Visit some of these Pregnancy Help Centers with Archdiocese of Detroit Pro-life Liaison to better understand how they operate and are equipped.
3. Become familiar with Catholic Charities Project Hope and any direct Pro-Life services of Catholic Charities.
4. Identify geographic areas with obvious gaps in resources through the process above, offer observations, and possible suggestions as part of the report.
5. Assist AOD Pro-life Office with reaching out to parishes to identify their Pro-life Coordinator, updating database with full contact information for the purpose of ongoing communication needed for WWMIN initiative, Pro-life formation, and resources available from AOD and Catholic Charities.
6. Work with the CCSEM Marketing Director to create informational pieces brochures and materials on Pro-life resources for parishes reference and individuals seeking assistance. Work on webinars for parishes to engage with WWMIN along with Catholic Charities and AOD Communications.
7. Create a list of ideas for how Catholic Charities can engage High School youth and families in works of Charity that uphold the dignity of every life. Seek to implement selected plans.
Please send a cover letter- specifying why you are interested in this position- and a resume including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org