Call: 855.88CCSEM (22736) |
Department: Behavioral Health Services - Wayne County
Location: Detroit - Wayne County
Position Type: Full Time
Rate of Pay:
Availability: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with some flexibility for evening hours as needed
Days/Hours Worked: The core CCSEM business days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., however, this position may work through 8:00 PM as needs present.
Education Requirements: • Master’s level degree in a human services field; Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or Addiction Studies • Fully licensed through the State of Michigan (Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Limited License Psychologist) or Limited license social worker
Experience Requirements: • Certified Advanced Addictions Counselor or registered development plan with MCBAP preferred
Special Requirements: Clinical experience with mental health and substance use disorders • Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and ASAM criteria prefer • Position requires excellent interpersonal skills, good moral character with flexibility of work schedule • Must have computer skills; ability to utilize an electronic health records • Comfortable navigating multiple work sites
The Clinical Therapist functions under the supervision of the Behavioral Health Director and is responsible for providing direct clinical care in the form of group and individual treatment.
REPORTS TO: Behavioral Health Director
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
GENERAL BEHAVIORAL HEALTH REQUIREMENTS:
• Master’s level degree in a human services field; Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or Addiction Studies
• Fully licensed through the State of Michigan (Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Limited Licensed Psychologist) or Limited license social worker
• Certified Advanced Addictions Counselor or registered development plan with MCBAP preferred
• Clinical experience with mental health and substance use disorders
• Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and ASAM criteria prefer
• Position requires excellent interpersonal skills, a good moral character with the flexibility of work schedule
• Must have computer skills; ability to utilize electronic health records
• Comfortable navigating multiple worksites
• Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including, but not limited to criminal background, sex offender, drug screen, OIG, valid Michigan driver’s license, abuse and neglect, and vehicle record check as required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
DIRECT CLINICAL ACTIVITIES:
• Provide individual clinical assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, referrals, and evidence-based therapies.
• Facilitate group therapy or other education groups as assigned
• Maintain necessary correspondence and communication with other agency partners and service providers
• Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings to provide consultation and coordinate service needs of individuals
• Prepare assigned clients for discharge or transition through planning and linkage with services as indicated
INDIRECT CLINICAL ACTIVITIES:
• Complete documentation within agency guidelines and timeframes
o Complete comprehensive clinical assessments and diagnostic formulations for assigned clients using approved agency forms within required timeframes as part of the counseling process
o Develop behaviorally specific, client-centered treatment plans, reviews, and discharge plans with assigned clients within required timeframes
• Obtain prior authorizations for services in a timely manner as required by insurance companies or other parties providing reimbursement for services where indicated
• Track and maintain productivity measures:
o Full time and part-time must provide an average of 60% of time spent per month in direct service to clients (billable hours equivalent to 24 per week for full-time staff) and maintain a consistent level of productivity
• Attend regular supervisory sessions, in-service training, and all required staff meetings
• Maintain compliance with all agency policies and procedures including timesheets, travel logs, expense reports, statistical reports, weekly productivity logs, outcome evaluation requirements, and agency training requirements
• Work toward professional development by attaining and maintaining credentials. Obtain CEU credits per year through agency in-service training, or other appropriate educational services to enhance skills.
• Conduct oneself in an ethical, mature, and professional manner and treat clients, referral sources, and coworkers with dignity and respect
• Adhere to the Mission, Values, and Vision of CCSEM and the values and teachings of the Catholic Church
• Assist Behavioral Health Director with additional projects and duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL DEMANDS & TRAVEL:
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and use a computer. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some movement is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION, TYPE & EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. The core CCSEM business days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., however, this position may work through 8:00 PM as needs present.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Anna Licavoli at email@example.com