Call: 855.88CCSEM (22736) |
Department: Behavioral Health
Location: Detroit, Monroe, Royal Oak, Port Huron, and Lapeer
Position Type: Part Time and Full Time
Rate of Pay:
Days/Hours Worked: This is a part-time OR full-time position, minimum 20-25 hours per week if part-time, and minimum of 2 evenings per week. Some telehealth services are available, as applicable.
Education Requirements: Master’s degree preferred - bachelor's level mandatory in a human services field; Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or Addiction Studies
Experience Requirements: • Must have computer skills; ability to utilize an electronic health records Comfortable navigating multiple work sites . Successful completion of initial and on-going employment screens, including, but not limited to criminal background, sex offender, drug screen, OIG, valid Michigan driver’s license, abuse and neglect and vehicle record check as required
Special Requirements: Full licensure in the state of Michigan preferred, limited license will be considered.
CCSEM’s Clinical Therapists function under the supervision of the Clinical Services Manager and are responsible for providing direct clinical care in the form of group, family, and/or individual client treatment. This position may also include the provision of didactic programming and parent programming. The Clinical Therapist is responsible for assure that treatment groups are properly conducted, utilizing CCSEM treatment and recovery approaches. These duties also include documentation of the clinical record and treatment planning for the purposes of compliance with accreditation and licensing and meeting the conditions established by funders regarding client submissions, ongoing utilization and clinical reviews of client progress, and any other compliance issue required of the program and its personnel.
Direct Clinical Activities:
• Provide individual clinical assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, referrals, and evidence-based therapies.
• Facilitate group therapy or other education groups as assigned
• Maintain necessary correspondence and communication with other agency partners and service providers
• Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings to provide consultation and coordinate service needs of individuals
• Prepare assigned clients for discharge or transition through planning and linkage with services as indicated
Indirect Clinical Activities:
• Complete documentation within agency guidelines and timeframes
• Complete comprehensive clinical assessments and diagnostic formulations for assigned clients using approved agency forms within required timeframes as part of the counseling process
• Develop behaviorally specific, client-centered treatment plans, reviews, and discharge plans with assigned clients within required timeframes
• Obtain prior authorizations for services in a timely manner as required by insurance companies or other parties providing reimbursement for services where indicated
• Track and maintain productivity measures
• Attend regular supervisory sessions, in-service training, and all required staff meetings
• Maintain compliance with all agency policies and procedures including timesheets, travel logs, expense reports, statistical reports, weekly productivity logs, outcome evaluation requirements, and agency training requirements
• Work toward professional development by attaining and maintaining credentials. Obtain CEU credits per year through an agency in-service training, or other appropriate educational services to enhance skills.
• Conduct oneself in an ethical, mature, and professional manner and treat clients, referral sources, and coworkers with dignity and respect
• Adhere to the Mission, Values, and Vision of CCSEM and the values and teachings of the Catholic Church
• Assist Behavioral Health Director with additional projects and duties as assigned
• Master’s degree preferred in a human services field; Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or Addiction Studies
• Also hiring bachelor’s level
• Fully licensed through the State of Michigan (Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Limited License Psychologist) or Limited license social worker
• Certified Advanced Addictions Counselor or registered development plan with MCBAP preferred
• Clinical experience with mental health and substance use disorders
• Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and ASAM criteria prefer
• Position requires excellent interpersonal skills, a good moral character with the flexibility of work schedule
• Must have computer skills; ability to utilize electronic health records
• Comfortable navigating multiple worksites
• Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including, but not limited to criminal background, sex offender, drug screen, OIG, valid Michigan driver’s license, abuse and neglect, and vehicle record check as required
This is a part-time OR full-time position, minimum 20-25 hours per week if part-time, and a minimum of 2 evenings per week. Some telehealth services are available, as applicable.