CCSEM welcomes donations of appreciated securities. The process is relatively easy and may result in a tax savings. Gifts of shares that have appreciated over time are generally deductible at market value and are exempt from capital gains tax. As with all charitable gifts, review your giving plans with your financial and legal advisors.To realize potential tax advantages of donating stock, the shares must be transferred directly to CCSEM. To ensure CCSEM properly credits your gift, please contact us to discuss your intent and preferences regarding designating your gift to a specific CCSEM service, county-based program, or CCSEM campaign. To learn more, call William Blaul at 248-548-4044 x 3105, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. If your broker holds your shares, the following will enable the electronic transfer of shares to Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan:
- DTC #5198
- Credit to account #64402706 Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan
- The name of the stock and the number of shares you will transfer
- Financial Advisor: Abraham Post (248-655-4060; Abe_Post@ml.com)
- Assistant: Jennifer Blizinski (248-655-4069; Jennifer_Blizinski@ml.com)
If you hold the stock certificate and it is issued in your name, complete the assignment section on the reverse side of the certificate:
- Assign it to Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan
- Your signature must be guaranteed by an eligible guarantor institution, such as your bank or brokerage firm. Your bank or broker will assist you in preparing the document in this regard.
- To learn more, call William Blaul at 248-548-4044 x 3105, or email email@example.com.