Catholic Charities Location Updates
CATHOLIC CHARITIES OPERATIONS UPDATE (May 28th, 2020)
Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan wants to be a resource during the COVID-19 health crisis. We will be posting appropriate resources on our website and updating you on services that we will be offering for the most vulnerable populations such as our seniors.
Letter from the CEO on COVID 19- Catholic Charities
Here is an update on our programs:
- Our Adult Day Care sites in Auburn Hills and St. Clair Shores are closed (as of March 16th).
- La Casa Amiga in Pontiac (also known as Hispanic Outreach Services) is closed (as of March 16th). Some staff will continue to serve clients remotely via telephone, Zoom, Skype etc.
- Services still in operation at listed here!
- We are closing the physical locations for Behavioral Health in Lapeer, Port Huron, Clinton Township, Waterford, Monroe Main, Royal Oak and Lake Orion (as of March 16th).
- Our Administrative staff at our Clinton Township office will be working remotely. Please contact them via email with any questions.
- The All Saints Soup Kitchen and Food Pantry reopened on April 14th with our additions to the building to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers, and clients. We are open at our regular times on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Child Welfare (adoption and foster care) will continue to provide services remotely. Please contact staff directly via email with any concerns.
- The Senior Volunteer Programs are temporarily suspended for the safety of our volunteers. Staff will be working remotely and can be contacted by email if you have any questions.
- St. Joseph Center of Hope reopened on March 31st with advanced health standards in place to service our clients suffering from substance abuse issues. Intake is limited to 6 clients at a time. The center is also assisting with emergency food boxes through the St. John’s Pantry as well as having naloxone kits that can be provided to those in need. Clients seeking food or naloxone are asked to call the center at 734-357-8880. The center will still be open 24/7 with limited intake.
We want to stay in contact and be able to respond to any questions. Many of are staff are having their extensions forwarded to their cell phone and are able to be contacted by email if you have any questions. If you are having contacting a staff or have any questions please contact Adam Perry at email@example.com or 586-416-2300 x 3621.
To all our amazing staff thank you for stepping up during the crisis our service numbers since May 28th:
Individual telehealth sessions: 4,115 sessions (after 9 weeks operating)
Senior Outreach and Case Management: 2,673 outreach calls and 1,565 deliveries (7 weeks operating)
Our food hub has distributed: 55,641 lbs of food totaling over 3,385 bags of food to support food pantries (5 weeks operating) (approximately 10,000 lbs of food and 700 bags weekly)