Catholic Charities Location Updates
CATHOLIC CHARITIES OPERATIONS UPDATE (June 26th, 2020)
Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan wants to be a resource during the COVID-19 health crisis. We will be posting appropriate resources on our website and updating you on services that we will be offering for the most vulnerable populations such as our seniors.
Letter from the CEO on COVID 19- Catholic Charities
Here is an update on our programs:
- Our Adult Day Care site in Auburn Hills is scheduled to re-open on July 15th. The St. Clair Shores location will remain closed.
- La Casa Amiga in Pontiac is open daily from 9am-2pm. Legal consult appoints are also available by appointment.
- Our Behavioral Health locations in Lapeer, Port Huron, Clinton Township, Waterford, Monroe Main, Royal Oak and Lake Orion are beginning to open by appointment only. Staff members are still primarily working remotely so please contact the individual locations for more details.
- Our Administrative staff members at our Clinton Township office are working both remotely and at the office. Please contact them via email with any questions.
- The All Saints Soup Kitchen and Food Pantry reopened on April 14th with our additions to the building to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers, and clients. We are open at our regular times on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Child Welfare (adoption and foster care) will continue to provide services remotely. The office is Southfield is open by appointment only. Please contact staff directly via email with any concerns.
- The Senior Volunteer Programs are temporarily suspended for the safety of our volunteers. Staff will be working remotely and can be contacted by email if you have any questions.
- St. Joseph Center of Hope reopened on March 31st with advanced health standards in place to service our clients suffering from substance abuse issues. Intake is limited to 6 clients at a time. The center is also assisting with emergency food boxes through the St. John’s Pantry as well as having naloxone kits that can be provided to those in need. Clients seeking food or naloxone are asked to call the center at 734-357-8880. The center will still be open 24/7 with limited intake.
We want to stay in contact and be able to respond to any questions. Many of are staff are having their extensions forwarded to their cell phone and are able to be contacted by email if you have any questions. If you are having contacting a staff or have any questions please contact Adam Perry at email@example.com or 586-416-2300 x 3621.
To all our amazing staff thank you for stepping up during the crisis our service numbers :
Individual telehealth sessions: 5,571 (after 12 weeks operating)
Senior Outreach and Case Management: 2,673 outreach calls and 1,565 deliveries (7 weeks operating)
Our food hub has distributed: 85,684 lbs of food totaling over 5,425 bags of food to support food pantries (8 weeks operating) (approximately 10,000 lbs of food and 700 bags weekly)